Friday, May 20, 2011

Wwe Edge Wallpapers

I have been a wresting fan since I was a kid. I know, its fake but so is Lost, Star Wars, Iron Man and most of the "reality" shows we watch too. I watch wrestling for entertainment, nothing more. BUT there are moments you really get hit by the fact these performers give a lot to give us entertainment. I got reminded about that with the unexpected retirement of one of my favorite current stars: Edge

Wwe Edge Wallpaper
Wwe Edge WallpaperAll week I have been combing through my WWE DVD's to re-watch Edge's matches. The memories of TLC, Elimination Chamber, Ladder Matches, just all around GREAT matches in general. I had no illusions, eventually every one of your favorites has to retire, but this caught me way off guard. I figured Edge had a lot longer before he would have to go. Really he was my favorite of the modern era of wrestling. More than any other wrestler I often tuned in JUST to see Edge. He had tons of personality and really delivered in the ring, I guess he delivered a bit more than I had thought.
Wwe Edge Wallpaper
Wwe Edge WallpaperMore than anything, Edge was just seriously cool, he had one of the best entrance themes ever. It was a song I often stole for some of my Buils-a-Wresters in WWE games. Edge was seriously the second wrestler I picked up when the WWE Build-N-Brawl line came out. For those that don't realize it yet, I generally stick to 1:18th (3 & 3/4 inch or Star Wars) scale figures in my collection so he was an instant must have.
Wwe Edge Wallpaper
Wwe Edge WallpaperBut for such a great performer, I felt the need to do even more. So below is an article I wrote for Edge's retirement that appeared in my school's newspaper. I have written lots of articles for the paper before, but never one that I felt so strongly about. Yes I love wrestling (and Edge) that much. Also the more candid looking shot above the article is the photo that appeared in the article at my request. I just thought it was a cool picture of Edge that kind of fit his retirement.